If you are in a time crunch and need to make a dessert for a last minute party, company coming to the house, or a late night treat for the kids, these cookie bars are quick and delicious! There is no need to pull out the big mixer, roll out, cut out, or even scoop out balls of dough. Just mix, pour, sprinkle, and toss in the oven.
The kids go crazy over these treats. This 9×13 pan of cookie bars makes enough for a whole class, a party, or even a late night snack for mom and dad after the kids are in bed! This recipe is a fun one to choose when the kids want to get in the kitchen to help cook.
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Candy Coated Chocolates
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix in both sugars.
- Add eggs, vanilla and water and stir until well combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle candy coated chocolates and chocolate chips evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350˚ F. for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.