Halloween is one of our favorite holidays. But you all know that, don’t you?
I’m not shy about that one bit. There is just something about this time of year that makes me extra happy. The days are still warm, but the nights are nice and cool. And then you add in the fun decorations, taking the kids costume shopping and then the big night full of trick-or-treating and I am loving life! My kids love it too as does Pete so we try to add a bit of Halloween magic to each day. This past week we decided to make some decorations that can also be handed out as treats on Halloween. Pretty cool right?
When I saw that this October OREO was launching a NEW Glow-in-the-Dark 2-pack I knew what I wanted to make. Glow in the dark Halloween bats! The 2 packs are a festive and convenient snack to celebrate Halloween, with a glow-in-the-dark feature, OREO 2-packs are great for party favors, gift bags and a fun option for visiting trick-or-treaters… or my not so scary bats!
I found out that the OREO Glow-in-the Dark 2-packs are sold in packages of 30, containing two OREO Cookies per pack, which is the perfect serving size for a spooky treat this Halloween season. They are available at grocery stores nationwide.
These bats are super easy to make.
- Black construction paper
- OREO Glow-in-the Dark Box of 30
- Transparent Tape
- Glow In The Dark Paint. I’ve seen spray paint and little tubes of paint. Either will work perfectly.
- Cut out bat wings. I drew them with a pencil first and I am totally not an artist. I kind of like that they are not “perfect” since it adds more character to each one when they are hanging… so have fun with your wings!
- Tape one OREO Glow-in-the Dark to the center of your wings.
- Paint your wings with glow in the dark paint.
That’s it! I put some in our goody box for trick-or-treaters and then I hung a few up in our cellar!
The best part was when the lights went out!!!
How do you celebrate Halloween?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.