Special thanks to Mazda for providing us a 2014 Mazda CX-9 to drive and review on our trip to Disneyland for the 2014 Disney Social Media Moms Celebration! It was fun to travel in such a great vehicle!
We started our trip up to Disneyland and the celebration in a 2014 Mazda CX-9 compliments of Mazda! Talk about a great way to start our trip! Among other things, the Mazda was very roomy and had all the tech gadgets we love like a great navigation, awesome sound and heated seats that REALLY warmed me up!
Do you see the hidden mickey on nail? Yep! Totally went all out preparing for this trip! Our CX-9 had a full color touch screen. I hadn’t used one in awhile as mine isn’t touch screen in my regular car and I missed it after the Mazda was gone. It’s nice to just be able to touch things and it makes entering directions a lot easier.
Pete made his own little list of features he liked since he he drove it a lot on this trip:
- Bluetooth- it worked very well and sounded very clear to both him and the person he was calling.
- Gas mileage. We averaged well over 22 mpg.
- Power. When he pushed on the pedal it responded. Especially important when getting on and off the freeway.
- Steering wheel mounted audio and cruise controls. I rarely use those but Pete does all the time and he actually got me hooked on using them with the Mazda. They were placed very well.
- 50/50 Split fold down seats in the 3rd row. Pete is a packing genius and we had a lot of bags. Being able to fold down a part of the rear row was awesome!
And we were set to go! A good navigation is one of the most important functional features for me and all the traveling I do. It has to be easy to use and clear when it comes to directions. This one rocked it!
I took a moment when we were driving to review all the safety features of the Mazda CX-9 and I was impressed. There are many things that go into buy a new car. Price, being able to fit everyone in your family, gas mileage etc… but most of us will agree safety is one of the most, if not the most, important aspects of a new car purchase.
Some of the safety features of the 2014 Mazda CX-9 that are important to me are:
- Advanced dual front and front side airbags plus side air curtains
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Side-impact door beams
- “Crushable” brake pedal assembly
- Front & rear crumple zones
- Available rearview camera & rear
- backup sensors
- Available Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Available Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
Tons of leg room to get us up to the event comfortably too! My husband and I both drove it and it was perfect for both of us… a shorty like me and for my much taller husband!.
All the kids really care about is having enough room to not have to touch each other. The third row was a life saver and the little ones car seat fit in really well! The second row has LATCH which is a must for us since the little one is still in a car/boost seat. The CX-9 is very spacious and it was easy to install her seat.
As you can see my middle daughter travels heavy with her own pillow and lap desk and she still more than enough leg room.
On the way home it got a bit warm outside and we used the air conditioning. One of the things that we all agreed upon was the 3 zone automatic controls. It kept all of us cool!
And then before we knew it, we were at Disneyland! It was so fun traveling there in the 2014 Mazda CX-9!
You can learn more about The CX-9 on their website.