A couple days ago I was at Walmart buying my sweet husband a birthday and Valentine’s Day card, (yep… he’s a Valentine’s day baby) and I saw these awesome new Butterfinger Cups! Every year we go to a friends house to watch the BIG Basketball Game in March and I always bring the dessert. It’s a pretty big deal so I plan and test my recipe way ahead of the event. This year my life is super crazy busy so I know this years dessert has to be really easy to make. But it also has to be AMAZINGLY yummy! It only took me a few seconds to realize that these Butterfinger Cups were going to be the star of this years dessert!
Once I really thought about it I knew I was going to make a brownie cupcake with a surprise Butterfinger Cup inside! I’m known for being a peanut butter baker and I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t like a combo of chocolate and peanut butter. These will wow even your biggest basketball fan and make them stop watching the game (even for a moment) and swoon over the flavors! I don’t stop there though, I take it up a notch and add a vanilla and peanut butter swirl frosting on top. If have to transport these I like to add the frosting to them when I get to where I’m going!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Butterfinger Cups- Buy more than you need to snack on them. Trust me!
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tbs. of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line cupcake pans with liners and spray with non stick spray.
- Pour a small amount of batter in each cupcake pan, place one Butterfinger cup on the batter, then cover with more batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not over cook.
- Beat the butter, vanilla extract, sugar and evaporated milk till fluffy. Add more or less sugar depending on the thickness you want for the frosting.
- Add the frosting into a gallon sized plastic bag and the cup of peanut butter and squish it a bit to mingle, but not totally combine.
- Cut off a corner of the bag and pipe on the frosting.
- Top with a half of a Butterfinger Cup.
- Eat the other half!
The best way to eat these is to enjoy them right after your team makes their first score! Take the paper off, eat all the frosting and then start in on the brownie! Once you get to the Butterfinger Cup shout out SLAM DUNK! #NewFavorites#CollectiveBias
How do you celebrate the big basketball game? Do you throw a party? Go to a friends house? I’d love to hear all about it!