The new year can bring a renewed energy to get the life you have always wanted. Here is some of my favorite tips to make that happen. Thank you CVS for partnering with us to bring Five Ways To Start The New Year Off Right. Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the #StayHealthyWithCVS campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Can you believe it’s just a couple more days till 2016?
This year was awesome and I just know that 2016 will be too! I’ve already started with planning for the new year and I’m ready to get it going, starting with day 1. Here are Five Ways To Start The New Year Off Right!
1. Get some rest now. I know that this is something that you are told to do over and over again… and we still don’t do it. This year will be different. I figured out that I can be a morning person, and a very good one at that. I always thought I was a night owl, and maybe I could be again, but I’ve also realized that for my lifestyle I need to be a morning person to make sure I get enough sleep. I do this by going to sleep early. I’m generally in bed by nine and asleep shortly after. I wake again at five am so I get approximately 7 1/2 hours of sleep each night. I used to stay up late working and then wake up at 7am… and I never got enough sleep. I’m getting better about setting realistic return times for my work to protect my sleep, and it doesn’t always work out… but it’s much better than it was before.
2. Make a picture board or the like. I tend to just write long lists or jot down ideas, but if you are into picture boards make one of how you want to see your life in the coming year. Do you want to be living in a new home? Have a new job or be healthier? Include it all. You don’t have to have all the answers to how you will do it just yet, start by knowing where you want to be.
3. Plan a vacation. Seriously! So many people don’t take their vacation time that they have available, or don’t use close to all of it. Change that this year.
4. Get rid of the clutter. Both tangible and figurative. Go through your closet and get rid of anything you don’t absolutely love. Do the same with other aspects of your life. If you don’t love the care you are getting from your Doctor, find a new one. If you don’t like the junk food you are eating… stop. Get past all the clutter and focus on what really makes you happy.
5. Take Care of yourself. Take the steps to really make your health a priority. If you are a caregiver this is even more important. You can’t take care of others without taking care of yourself. This might mean buying a new water bottle and creating a system to always keep it with you. Or maybe you know that getting exercise must be a priority this year. Make it happen, no more excuses. Since we all battle allergies, we as a family will be focusing on getting ours under control. I am making a list of all of the triggers for each of our allergies and I will be eliminating them as best as I can… and for those that I can’t avoid, I’ve stocked up on CVS Allergy Relief medications. That way we are all feeling our best for this exciting new year.
CVS stores across the country offer products to help you feel your best for the new year!
CVS Brand products offer quality and affordability and they carry the trusted CVS Brand name. With products ranging from allergy and cold remedies to first aid essentials and personal care items, including CVS Cold/Flu Relief, Probiotic Softgels, and Children’s 100% Real Fruit Multivitamin Gummies, it’s the place to go to stay healthy this fall and winter. In many cases, CVS Brand products even exceed the FDA’s testing guidelines and regulations and offer features or benefits that other comparable products do not.