Stress is one of those things that everyone has to deal with at some point or another.
You stress about something in your life or sometimes you aren’t even sure what you are stressing about, you just feel stressed in general. Even happy times can cause stress… weddings, holidays even vacations! These past few years I feel like I have finally found some ways that really help me stop stress in it’s tracks. Some days it’s a lot easier than others to control stress and keep it at bay, and some days it feels a bitter harder to manage. Either way I just refer back to these tips and feel the stress melt away!
Here are five tips to reduce stress right now.
1. Go for a walk. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve felt like stress was taking over my mind… and then I went for a walk and I could feel it melting away. Even if you can’t get away for a long walk even going in the parking lot at work and doing a few laps will help. It’s the perfect way to clear your mind and you get feel good endorphins from the exercise.
2. Write it out. Write a list of everything that is stressing you out. You don’t even have to take any action on your list. Just writing it out gives me clarity.
3. Add RESCUE stress relief products to your daily routine. RESCUE helps you stress less, stay calm and in control. They are Natural/Homeopathic and developed by a doctor. I love that they are gentle and safe and are non-habit-forming with no side effects. RESCUE comes in RESCUE Pastilles, RESCUE Sleep Liquid Melts and RESCUE Pearls. They are available now at CVS, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Sprouts. I found mine by the register at Sprouts.
Here is a RESCUE coupon for you to use on your next purchase.
4. Talk with a loved one. Talk it out. Share what is stressing you out and brainstorm solutions together. Even if there isn’t an immediate solution to be had, just talking about it always makes me feel better.
5. Count your blessings. Take five minutes and think about everything that is going right. I always start with my family. I have a healthy and loving family. I think about how lucky I am to live when and where I do and to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. If it’s a happy time that is stressing you out… (hello birthday parties) think about how much fun it’s going to be! You can even write yourself little sticky notes of all your blessings and put them on your desk to stay focused and to keep stress away.
What is your favorite way to manage stress?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.