Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the “Make It a Healthier Summer” campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Yesterday marked the 6th year in a row that we’ve visited Las Vegas with the kids.
We always go in July and we always pack our schedules with tons of fun things to do. From new culinary adventures to pool time, plus a sprinkling of museum learning we always have a really good time.
These are our favorite things to do with kids in Las Vegas.
- Experience a new cuisine. There are so many different types of food and cultures represented in Las Vegas. From Chinese to Indian food and beyond. Pick a new type to try!
- See a show. Do you and your little ones love music? Or maybe it’s all about human acrobatics? There is a show for everyone. Pete and Maddie love music and high energy performances while Ashley and the Little one love the shows featuring cats and dogs so we often split up and we each see our favorite type. There are so many shows in Vegas and they are often adding new ones.
- Go swimming. Plan to swim in the pool each morning. We try to get there just as it opens and we stay for about an hour. Vegas has some great pools, including wave pools, and it’s fun just to spend some days relaxing by one. It can get warm in the summer so that is why we go first thing in the morning.
- Go shopping. The girls love to shop and there is some very good shopping to be found in Las Vegas. From beautiful malls to discounted outlet malls… there are a lot of shopping opportunities.
- Check out some dry land and water animals. There are aquariums and other animal viewing facilities in Las Vegas. See them all! They are fun for everyone in the family.
- Visit a Museum. There are a lot of them in Las Vegas along with exhibits that pop up all the time. We’ve seen world class photographer exhibits, the Titanic exhibit, museums about the early history of Vegas and the Mob, space exploration and area 51, just to name a few. Plus Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon are not too far away.
Another thing we always do it stop at CVS once we get into town.
We like to have some healthy snacks available in our room for the girls to snack on whenever they get hungry. We love to try new foods on vacations, but we don’t like to over do it and having healthy choices available in the room really helps.
It feels like there is a CVS everywhere, including on the strip… and they are building another new one right now on the other end, so it’s easy to stock up wherever you are staying!
I bought the Organic Cranberry Juice, Pete picked the almonds, Ashley the trail mix, Maddie the baked rice crisps and the little one is in love with the 8-grain wheat crackers!
CVS makes it easy to make healthier choices with their Gold Emblem Abound line of products!
Gold Emblem Abound was launched in June 2014 and this newer line offers customers a wide range of better-for-you snack and grocery items, such as Blueberry & Pomegranate Superfruit Snack Bars, Fruit & Nut Fiber Trail Mix, Organic Dried Cranberries, Heavenly Light Popcorn and Sea Salt Flavored Baked Rice Crisps. Each product is free of artificial flavors and preservatives and contains 0g trans fats. Additionally, the Gold Emblem Abound line includes products that are gluten free certified, sodium free, cholesterol free and contain sources of protein, fiber, omega-3s, probiotic cultures and potassium.
There are that are high in fiber and protein to gluten-free options, Gold Emblem Abound has something to fit everyone’s unique lifestyle. Each product is free from artificial preservatives and contains 0g trans-fat, so you can feel good about what you’re snacking on!
Even better, with 7,800 locations, you can conveniently grab Gold Emblem Abound and CVS/pharmacy Brand items at your neighborhood CVS/pharmacy while you’re already there filling your prescriptions, picking up greeting cards or grabbing your favorite personal care items.