We love this recipe for Citrus Spiced Apple Cider and I’m so excited to share it with you via this sponsored post.
Are you loving the cool weather like I am?
Here in So Cal it never gets too cold, just enough to necessitate warm sweaters in the evening… but we still celebrate the cooler weather as best we can… with warm drinks! One of our favorites is hot apple cider. This past year I’ve created my own little twist on hot apple cider by adding a touch of citrus. I feel like it adds some extra sunshine to short winter days.
I use Wonderful Halos to make this because they have the perfect amount of sweet to tart.
They are always plump and juicy and although they make the perfect on the go snack or lunch box treat, they are also amazing in recipes. There are so many ways to use them… but this is the easiest way to let their flavor shine. Plus this is a super quick recipe for this busy holiday season!
Citrus Spiced Apple Cider
- 1 Bottle apple cider
- 2 Wonderful Halos, sliced for cider
- 1 tbs. Wonderful Halos peel shaved into small pieces for the topping
- 1 tbs. of juice from a Wonderful Halos
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- Whipped cream
- 1 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add apple cider, sliced halos, brown sugar and cinnamon stick to a heavy bottomed pot and simmer on low for at least 1/2 an hour. This can totally be done in a slow cooker too!
- Take the shaved peel pieces and coat them with the juice and then coat in the granulated sugar.
- Pour cider through a strainer and into a mug, add whipped cream and top with sugared peels.
- Serve and enjoy!
I did have one small problem making this.
I bought only one bag of Wonderful Halos. I’m not sure why I made this huge mistake but I did. I really should have bought at least 2 bags. In the 24 hours that I bought the Halos and then made the cider there were only 3 Halos left! If you are going to make this I highly recommend that you hide the Halos from the rest of your family or buy at least two bags.