Do you remember back in the early 2000’s when the low carb craze first took off? I remember it well. It was 2002 and I was pregnant with my second daughter. In between hospital bed rest I was released home for a couple weeks. I had a hard time eating and keeping food down and I was given free range to eat anything that sounds good. Even high fat, high calorie desserts. Around this same time my husband was following a low carb diet. I didn’t crave all the bacon he ate but this dessert I craved like nobodies business. The mix of the chocolate cheesecake and the fresh whipped cream got me every time. I’d like to think that this is the reason that my sweet baby had any chub on her at all when she was born. After I had my daughter I had to get back to a normal way of eating so this was dropped from my meal plan because, well, it’s not very healthy. It’s a splurge for sure.
I hadn’t made this in almost 11 years till now. I saved one for my daughter to see what she thought… she liked it a lot and she said it tasted familiar. Crazy right?
Here is how you make it!
- 5 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 block of cream cheese 8 oz.
- 2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Whip heavy whipping cream until it turns into whipped cream. Take 2 cups of the whipped cream and put it into the refrigerator to stay cold.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla to the whipped cream that is left and whip some more until the cream cheese is incorporated into the whipped cream.
- Add the pudding to the cream mixture and mix together.
- Add the milk and mix again. The pudding will get more solid as it sits.
- Separate into serving bowls and and refrigerate for 30 min to a couple days. Top with remaining whipped cream when ready to serve.