This is one of the most simple lunches ever. My middle daughter loves egg salad sandwiches and she loves avocados… so when we ran out of bread I did what any mother would do… improvised!
This tasted fantastic. The buttery creaminess from the avocados paired with the heartiness of the egg salad was a match made in heaven. It’s perfect for warm weather meals when you don’t want to heat up the house by turning on the oven or you just want something cool and refreshing!
Ingredients to serve 2:
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 avocados
- 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt or mayonnaise (I really like the taste of Greek yogurt, but mayo gives a better classic egg salad taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon or yellow mustard
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt
- sprinkle of pepper
- tablespoon of diced onion
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Set aside.
- Chop up the eggs. I remove the yolk first, but you can keep it if you like.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop the egg salad into the hollowed area of the avocado.
Do you love egg salad too?