We are in love with the Caribbean and have been taking a vacation there every October for the past couple years. This year Pete and I are thinking of renewing our vows there. The All-Star Island, Puerto Rico is at the top of our list and I’ve put together this list of 6 reasons to have a wedding in Puerto Rico.
Thank you to SeePuertoRico.com for sponsoring this post and for providing the beautiful images below.
From relaxing beaches, to the impressive Camuy caverns, our reasons to have a wedding on the beautiful island of Puerto Rico are vast and inspiring.
1. Ease of Travel. Puerto Rico is at the top of our list for our wedding because of the ease of travel. Because it is a U.S. Territory, there is no need for Passports or foreign money. Plus it is also a 5-star vacation destination filled with world-class attractions. Whether you’re a golfer, foodie, the adventure type, or a beach (rum) bum, Puerto Rico has everything that you will want in the utimate honeymoon after your wedding.
2. The Beaches. Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and featured in the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel including Flamenco Beach in Culebra, often cited as one of the best beaches in the world. Glow like an angel in the water of the Bioluminescent bays, or just lounge on the sandy beaches and let the kids play in the warm water. Sunsets on Puerto Rico are some of the best on the planet. If you like to surf definitely make time to surf in the famous Puerto Rico waves. Can you imagine having your wedding ceremony on the beach or overlooking the beautiful ocean.
3. The Rainforest Visiting the only rainforest under US national park service, El Yunque, and climbing to the clouds at the top of the mountain sounds like the ideal way to spend some time with your wedding guests before or after your wedding. It’s a bucket list item for sure and worthy of the vacation all on its own.
4. The Food Foodies can experience the delicacies of Puerto Rican gastronomy and it’s famous Rums. There is an abundance of authentic island food just waiting to please your pallet… and the drinks are just like you would imagine on a tropical island in the middle of the Caribbean. The best wedding has the best food. Puerto Rico will not disappoint.
5. The Wildlife From exotic birds to lizards and frogs, Puerto Rico has an abundance of little creatures to see. My favorite are the sea turtles that come onto land to lay their eggs. I would be in heaven if I saw one swimming or visiting dry land.
6. The Fun There is so much to see and do in Puerto Rico. History Buffs can enjoy the old world charm of San Juan, while adventurers can enjoy horse back riding or the magnificent Camuy caverns that runs through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world. I want to do it all during our wedding vacation, but we would definitely visit the streets of San Juan to see the beautiful colored buildings and the cobble stone streets. Puerto Rico Tourism recently partnered with the popular travel review site Trip Advisor, to transform real traveler 5-star reviews into stunningly beautiful short films narrated by Puerto Rican stars. These reviews will make you want to See Puerto Rico and have your own 5-star wedding story in Puerto Rico. This is my favorite one above. Learn how you can “Live your own 5-star wedding story in Puerto Rico” and be sure to like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter.