This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of TownePlace Suites by Marriott®. All opinions are 100% mine.
This year I have traveled more than I have the past 10 years combined (and I’m loving it).
Staying organized while traveling has been a huge part of keeping me on track and enjoying all of my travel adventures! I’ve taken a bunch of weekend trips and those that are much longer. I’ve learned quite a few tips for extended travel that I didn’t know before and I’m so excited to share them with you today!
5 Tips To Stay Organized When Traveling
1. Choose a hotel that makes staying organized easy. This seems so basic but it’s not. Have you ever stayed at a hotel with very little closet and drawer space and just decided to live out of your suitcase? When you stay at TownePlace Suites by Marriott® there is always plenty of room to organize everything you need for your stay because of their partnership with The Container Store® and their awesome elfa® closet! There are currently 11 TownePlace Suites® hotels featuring the elfa® closet, with more locations growing every month. Check out our latest list here http://www.marriott.com/towneplace-suites-hotels/closetenvy.mi
2. Unpack right away. As soon as you get in your hotel room unpack your bags and put everything where it should go. This will keep you organized and ready for all the adventures your trip will bring you. I like to hang up my dresses first thing to avoid wrinkles and the same goes for Pete’s dress shirts.The custom closets designed for TownePlace Suites® (in partnership with The Container Store®) are the best for extended stays because they are loaded with lots of storage options to help guests feel more organized while on the road. From multiple closet rods and ventilated shelves to hanging drawers, guests will find everything they need to feel more put together. There is just something about having your stuff put away that makes you feel more at home too.
3. For extended stays book a hotel with the amenities you would find at home. At TownePlace Suites®, their mission is to give their guests the tools to keep them feeling happy, put together and productive on longer stays. They believe that having the space to organize, and the tools to get things done makes for a happier traveler. Which is totally true! Even on leasure trips I still have to get work done so a standard room with just a bed won’t do for me.
Here are some of the great features at TownePlace Suites® that I have found really make extended stays better…
- Spacious studios and one or two bedroom suites. When it’s just Pete and I a studio is perfect… but when we have all the kids we really need the extra two bedrooms.
- Fully-equipped full size kitchen. This wasn’t a big deal to me until I actually had one and now it’s something that we look for when booking a hotel for any amount of time. Being able to cook meals instead of running out and eating at restaurants our whole trip is huge. We tend to go out for dinner and eat in the rest of the time.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. This is a must. For both work and pleasure we have to have Wi-Fi.
- On-site laundry facilities. It’s the only way for extended travel. I like to pack as light as possible so I have to be able to wash my clothes and there is never time to go looking for a laundry mat.
- Home OfficeTM Suites (ergonomic in-room work space), To stay organized we set up our desks like we would at our office so having a dedicated place to work is awesome. This also helps with productivity while traveling because it’s all set to get your work done.
- Free breakfast. I like getting free breakfast, but I also love that it’s right there waiting for me so I can get on with my day.
- Daily housekeeping refresh. I don’t want to spend anytime on trips doing housekeeping so this is a great added benefit.
- Lower rates for longer stays. This makes vacationing more affordable an gives us more money for the fun stuff!
4. Have the right organized travel tools. I cannot believe how having the right luggage makes traveling so much easier. Especially for longer trips. The Container Store® has some awesome organizing tools like this reisenthel® toilet bag. I used a gift card to purchase this on my last trip to The Container Store® and I was so excited to try it out! Having a place for everything and everything in it’s place makes for much happier travel. This toiletry bag is perfect for keeping travel sized toiletries all in one place and it’s compact size is perfect when you travel light like I do. I tend to let all my work tools like laptops and cameras get most of the space so I need a toiletry bag that isn’t bulky.
5. Keep a travel “go” bag. When you are a frequent traveler it really helps to keep a bag ready to go with the basics that you always need so you can just add clothes and you are good to go! I make a habit of restocking my “go” bag as soon as I get back and that makes packing so much quicker, easier and stress free. In my bag are my toiletries, plastic bags, and other things that I always pack.
TownePlace Suites® is giving away a $100 gift card to put towards your next stay. To enter: you must comment below with your answer to this question: “What do you do to stay organized on extended-stay travel”. This giveaway is open to those 21+ who are U.S. residents only. official rules
Learn More on the TownePlace Suites® Facebook page.
What do you do to stay organized on extended-stay travel?