I’m serious about summer fun and I’ve joined the CLIF Kid challenge to get families outside and play every day with this sponsored post and 5 old school outdoor activities for kids.
Can you feel it? It’s summer time!!!
This is the week summer starts for us and I already started preparing ways to keep the kids busy… then, I started to think that back when I was a kid, my mom never had to do that. She never sat down before summer and made a list of things for us to do like I was doing so I stopped!
This summer the kids are just going to go outside and have fun!
CLIF Kid feels the same way and wants kids to be kids and encourages families to feed their adventure and discover new frontiers in the great outdoors—parks, backyards and city sidewalks. So with that in mind I decided to write down 5 Old School Outdoor Adventure For Kids that require no planning… just good old fashion outdoor fun!
1. Be silly and jump around in the good summer warm air. If you are not in a drought like we are, turn the sprinklers on whenever you feel like it and splash around. Even teens love to do this! Since we have to be water conscious we plan ahead to our allowed water times and set them up for watering and play times!
2. Explore nature. We call them nature walks and we go on them all the time. We stop to enjoy the flowers and leaves… and we even have a sketch pad to bring with us to doodle on and try to draw all the beautiful things we see.
3. Run! I used to love to just run around. I’d run around the house, to friends’ houses and everything in between. Don’t forget the simple pleasures of being a kid and running all over the place. There will be no “sit and be still” around here this summer!
4. Look for bugs! Give them some sticks and dig in the dirt to see what they can find. Don’t be afraid when they are done and covered in a loose coating of dirt! That’s where the magic of summer happens!
5. Grow something. You don’t have to spend any money on supplies or seeds. Keep the seeds from an apple tree or other fruits you have from meals and let them plant that. My girls all have loved having a seedling to look after and the excitement of watching it grow!
Don’t forget snack time on your outdoor adventures!
We love to take a break and enjoy CLIF Kid snacks! They are specifically crafted to nourish active kids so they can play!
CLIF Kid has a whole family of snacks that are nutritious for kids’ growing bodies with no high fructose corn syrup, synthetic preservatives, or artificial flavors. They really do have something for everyone!
Here are the varieties available…
- Zbar (Little One’s favorite)
- CLIF Kid Zbar is an organic baked whole grain snack made with a nutritious blend of complex carbohydrates, three grams of fiber, and three grams of protein to maintain kids’ energy.
- Zbar Protein (Middle daughter’s favorite)
- CLIF Kid Zbar Protein is a nutritious and delicious snack made with organic whole grains and 5 grams of protein for kids’ growing bodies.
- Zfruit (these are my favorites, I know I’m not a kid, but still!)
- CLIF Kid Zfruit is a tangy twisted fruit rope that is an excellent source of vitamin C and doesn’t need to be washed, cored, seeded, cut or refrigerated before eating – making it easy for kids to eat organic fruit snacks anytime, anywhere.
- Zfruit + Veggie (Teen’s favorite)
- CLIF Kid Zfruit + Veggie is a tangy, chewy organic fruit and veggie snack that is an excellent source of vitamin C, a good source of fiber and makes snack time fun with its peelable twisted ropes.