My girls are getting older.
I have an almost 15 year old, 13 year old and 5 year old. For the older two (especially the oldest) I’m not parenting then like I was when they were much younger. I’m parenting them to be adults in the years to come. The lessons I’m teaching them now need to sustain them for many years to come. I’ve been compiling these (favorite quotes of mine) for them that I hope will help guide them for years to come.
1. You are in charge of how you feel. Always choose happiness.
2. Sometimes the right path isn’t the easiest path.
3. Life will test your will with either nothing happening or everything happening at once. Remain focused on your goals.
4. A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.
5. The older you get the more you realize that it isn’t about the material things or pride or ego. It’s about our hearts and who they beat for.