Family vacations are something to look forward to every year. One of the best places to vacation as a family is at the beach. There are so many wonderful beaches across the United States. Experiencing the sand between your toes, hearing the crashing of waves at night, building sand castles, and soaking in sun together as a family can be some of the most memorable moments of your year. (Not to mention relaxing!) I have gathered a list of the 20 best beach vacations for the family from around the USA! I hope you can make it to one of these fabulous beaches soon!
1. Outer Banks in North Carolina This large stretch of beautiful beaches is famous for the Wright brothers first flight. It also is packed with plenty of lodging options nearby and a wide array of cuisine to taste and family activities to choose from.
2. Pine Knolls Shores in North Carolina Beautiful beaches and Maritime forests make this city a wonderful family beach experience.
3. Myrtle Beach in South Carolina Visit the Atlantic Ocean in all is splendor. This famous and popular beach destination is packed with fun family activities, comfortable lodging, and amazing restaurants all around. If you have a golfer in the family, this is also a good destination to find a tee time and enjoy a picturesque round of golf.
4. 12 Mile Beach Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, Michigan The stunning sandstone cliffs of the Pictured Rocks will show you the wild beauty of Michigan. Lots of camping, hiking, and swimming to be done on this sprawling shoreline of Lake Superior.
5. Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii Once the playground of Hawaiian royalty, this world-famous beach is now a gathering place for families from all over the world. The soft sand and calm waters of Waikiki make it the perfect beach for families with children of all ages.
6. Sanibel Island This island is located just short boat ride from Fort Meyers, Florida. You will love the island life feeling as you relax on the beach. The beaches of Sanibel Island are filled with seashells, perfect for your little one who loves to explore.
7. Santa Barbara, California This city is loaded with fabulous beaches to choose from. Enjoy the Pacific Ocean from a new point of view as most of these beaches face South instead of West.
8. Wailea Beach in Maui Maui offers quite a few magnificent beaches. Wailea Beach is one of the top beaches in Hawaii with stunning views and crystal blue waters.
9. Sea Camp Beach Cumberland, Georgia This beach is perfect for the family who loves camping, hiking, exploring and picking up shark teeth off the beach! You will see a wide array of wildlife during your stay. Don’t forget to pack your fishing gear and star gazing equipment.
10. Henderson Beach Destin, Florida Described as sugar sand beaches, Henderson Beach is a stunning beach to visit. Look across the Gulf of Mexico and take in the glimmering emerald green waters. This beach is also pet friendly.
11. The Cove Beach Cape May, New Jersey The Cove is a laid back beach with a community of surfers. Soft sand and picturesque waves will have you and your family relaxing in a moment. Locals say the majority of the crowds leave at 5 pm. For a special treat stay until the sun sets and enjoy the magic of the waters at night.
12. Hilton Head South Carolinian Island It may be only 12 miles by 5 miles wide, but this island is packed with adventure and stunning beaches and fun. Surfing, swimming, eating, hiking, exploring and so much more are offered on this beautiful island.
13. Mission Beach San Diego This beach has a distinct Southern California vibe. Enjoy the quite beach or stroll down to Belmont Park to enjoy a few roller coasters and a fun carnival atmosphere.
14. Gulf Shores Alabama These white pristine beaches overlooking the Atlantic are truly breathtaking. Enjoy relaxing, family activities and all the seafood you can imagine at the Golf Shores.
15. South Padre Island These 34 miles of uninterrupted stretches of beach live up to the saying “Everything is Bigger in Texas.” Watersports, fishing, swimming, music and dancing can all be found on this family friendly island.
16. Lummus Park South Beach Miami Beach The wonderful thing about this park are the fantastic child play structures available to play on right on the beach. Toddlers to elementary children will enjoy these parks and the beautiful beach.
17. Ocean City, Maryland This beach destination is packed with fun events and activities to enjoy during your stay. Be sure to check their schedule of events and freebies list to get the most out of your vacation.
18. Ditch Plains Beach Montauk, New York This beach is famous for surfing and standup paddle boarding. Even if you don’t surf you can enjoy this beach, but bring your camera and catch some fantastic shots of the surfers riding the wave.
19. Ft. Lauderdale 23 miles of sunny beachfront fun. The soft surf of this beach makes a perfect family spot. Many hotels, restaurants, and attractions are located within walking distance.
20. Laguna Beach Located midway between Los Angeles and San Diego this 7 mile beach is a wonderful family vacation destination. Nature and art enthusiast will love the natural habitats and gorgeous views in Laguna Beach.