It’s really easy for a disagreement to go crazy and get out of hand online because people often say things behind the comfort of their computer that they would never say face to face.
Here are 10 ways to avoid online drama.
1. Stay away from other peoples petty disagreements. It’s like watching a car wreck. You know nothing good is going to come of it. Move your mouse away from it
2. Remove yourself from the lives of toxic people. This seems really easy but for some reason it’s one if the hardest steps to take. Remember you can control who you encounter online. Remove toxic people and be done with it.
3. Know who your real friends are. Big one here. Know who it’s safe to go to for support and to vent. Unless you are 100% sure that someone is your friend, don’t share too much to, and around them.
4. Know who the gossipers are and avoid them. Back to basics here. Remember the person in high school that couldn’t keep a secret if their life depended on it. Yes them. Well there is a whole new level of secret keeping online. Know who will share all your secrets and avoid them.
5. Keep secrets that you are told. Goes with number 4. Don’t create drama. Keep secrets that you are told.
6. Be clear in what you are saying. Try to avoid misunderstandings and be clear in what you are saying.
7. Know the company you are in. If there are always moments of drama then it’s time to find a new community.
8. Don’t create your own drama. Think before you type. Don’t start or encourage drama.
9. Don’t believe everything you hear. Drama always starts somewhere. Don’t let it be started with you over something that is not true.
10. Always take the high road. This might be the best way to avoid drama. If someone tries to start it with you be the bigger person. Don’t let yourself be a victim of their drama.