This post is sponsored by Shark.
Spring is here and it’s time to open up our homes and clean out the winter blues and all the dust and dirt that has settled over winter. Use these tips as a strategy for attacking your home and getting spring cleaning done quicker and easier.
1. Don’t be afraid to throw things away. Walk around your house with a trash bag and throw away what you don’t want, need or have a use for.
2. Break down each room into simple projects. You have heard the Proverb, “How do you eat an Elephant? One bite at a time.”
3. Organize the closet in each room first. Clean out what you don’t need in the closet to make room for the things you need to put away.
4. Put an old sock on your hand and run your hand along surfaces that need dusting. Your fingers will help get into crevices and the sock will attract the dust instead of just stirring it up. This works especially well for window blinds.
5. Stock your cleaning bucket. You will waste your time if you don’t have everything you need to get the job done. Stock up on your favorite cleaning supplies and put them all in one place (a portable bucket is very convenient).
6. Work from the top down. If you vacuum and mop first you will have to do it again after dusting the fans and bookshelves. Work smarter, not harder!
7. Use the 1 year policy. If you have not used an item within a year, put it in the garage sale pile or donation box. The small chance of you using it “someday” is not worth you continually cleaning around it.
8. Take three baskets or boxes into every room while you are cleaning. One for donation. One for Garage Sale. And one for items belonging in another room. It will save you time and effort.
9. Set a timer. Most of us don’t have a whole lot of time to spend spring cleaning. Set yourself a timer for 15-20 min and pick one room to work on. Tackle one project for the duration of the timer. When it rings, go back to your regular schedule.
10. Don’t underestimate the power of a great tool in your hand. The Shark Professional Lift Away Steam Pocket Mop has made spring cleaning so much easier! This product provides powerful steam cleaning to my entire house. It features 3 great settings and allows you to choose the level of cleaning you wish to do. DUST – for light and quick dusting, MOP – for everyday mopping, or SCRUB – the heavy duty mop setting.
This mop allows me not only to clean my floors with ease, but also leaves them sanitized. With lots of allergy sufferers in our home, I feel good knowing that I can quickly get up the dust and dirt in my house with ease, and know that I have gotten much of the germs off the floors. Using just water, the Shark Steam Mop kills 99.9% of common household germs and bacteria on your floors. I am trying hard to be chemical free so the steam cleaning is a powerful tool for me.
One of the first things that drew me to this mop was that it is chemical free! As I have been working to eliminate toxins from our home, this mop gives me the cleanest option of all, pure water. It is the complete Green Clean. Not to mention I don’t have to buy any extra cleaners! Speaking of green living, the removable mop cover can be tossed in the washer and used again and again. No buying those disposable expensive pads anymore!
I timed how long it took me to put it together out of the box… 6 minutes and that included looking through the instruction manual! Not bad right? I was busy cleaning within 3 minutes after that. This is one of my favorite cleaning tools!
Learn more about Shark Professional Lift Away Steam Pocket Mop here.