Besides love and lots of attention, every baby needs a few essential things. It can be overwhelming to decide what exactly you need to survive the first few months with your newborn. Here is my top ten list of essentials for baby.
1. Safe place to sleep. A safe crib with several tight fitted sheets will give you the best place to put baby to sleep on his back.
2. Diaper Bag You will soon find that when going out with a new baby you want to be as prepared as possible. Save your back and combine your purse and diaper bag for the first few months.
3. Swaddle blankets Babies are used to being in tight spaces. Swaddling them tightly gives them a sense of security and comfort.
4. Diapers and wipes. Disposable or cloth they are a must.
5. Bottles and Breast Pump. If you are breastfeeding, invest in a breast pump. Some insurances will pay for the rental of one for a few months. Have several bottles on hand for the many feedings that will be taking place.
6. Infant mirrors & bright colored toys. Babies are fascinated by their reflections and bright objects.
7. Stroller Invest in a light, easy to fold and un-fold stroller. This will make it easy for you to able to get out with baby.
8. Carseat You will need a safe carseat for your baby in the car. Carseats do have expiration dates. So be sure to look. You can have your local fire department check to see if your carseat is installed properly.
9. Bath Essentials. Soft towel, washcloths, and baby shampoo. You don’t have to have a baby bathtub. You can save your back by giving your baby a bath in the kitchen or bathroom sink.
10. Camera Take as many pictures as possible of your newborn and every stage that they go through. They grow so fast. Capture as many moments as you can to be able to enjoy them for years to come.
WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO THIS LIST FOR BABY?