Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for this springtime campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Summer is right around the corner and we all know how important it is to protect our skin from the sun then, but often we forget that our skin needs protection the other times of year and from more than just the sun! Thankfully there is a CVS practically everywhere and they’ve got all our skin care needs covered!
10 Easy Ways To Keep Your Skin Safe When Outdoors:
1. Stay hydrated. I’m sure you have heard this 1,000 times, but it’s true! The healthiest skin is that which is hydrated. It is easier to heal itself when it’s not dry, and it doesn’t get small cracks in it that can let infection in. Always carry water with you to make it easier to drink it more often.
2. Never forget sunscreen. We wear it all the time. I know this will come as no surprise, but my desperately pale skin burns fast! We apply sunblock first thing in the morning, and then again if we are planning to be outside. The girls love to play outside and they know that before they even step foot outdoors they have to re-apply their sunblock. We are loving the convenience of the CVS Sport Clear Spray Sunscreen and the CVS sunstick. We use the spray on exposed skin and the stick on our faces. Don’t forget your chest and ears. Those are the most often forgotten!
3. Don’t forget to protect against those pesky disease carrying bugs. CVS carries insect repellent too so you can protect your skin from bug bites and potential reactions.
4. Always have Aloe Vera on hand. We learned the hard way about this one. My middle daughter has sensitive skin and we were on vacation in Turks & Caicos when it started to happen. She had been using sun block, but she was out in the sun for an extended amount of time and her body did not like that. She developed sun poisoning, which for her was very painful skin and nerve pain without a sun burn. One of the only things that offered relief was aloe vera. We always keep CVS Aftersun Aloe Vera Moisturizing Gel on hand just in case it happens again.
5. Limit sun time. I bet you saw this tip coming a mile away! Our family rule is no more than 10 minutes in the sun without freshly applied sunblock. And no more than an hour and a half in the sun even with it. We do even less time in the sun for areas we are not used too because the sun level and intensity is different in different areas. I learned that years ago, but clearly forgot. Don’t let that happen to you too!
6. Use the itch relief spray if needed. Protect your skin from yourself and your scratching. Itching and scratching can open up wounds and leave scars… plus it also increases the risk of infection.
7. Eat berries and other foods high in skin protecting antioxidants. Not only do they taste good… but they are good for you and your skin too!
8. Don’t forget your moisturizer. Lotions protect skin from drying out on the outside like water does on the inside.
9. Go outside in the early morning or late afternoon. Avoid going outside when the sun is the strongest from 10-2.
10. Stay in the shade and wear protective clothing. When it’s cool enough I always have my daughters wear long sleeves and pants when outside. They offer added protection form the suns rays. And whenever possible we stay in the shade!
Did you know that CVS has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on CVS/pharmacy Brand products?
All CVS/pharmacy Brand products are 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. If you’re dissatisfied for any reason, you can return the CVS/pharmacy Brand product (opened or unopened) along with your receipt or invoice to any CVS/pharmacy store. They’ll refund the full purchase price — no questions asked!
This makes shopping for your skin care needs at CVS that much easier and better!